- Tea Party Tribune - http://www.teapartytribune.com -
The Truth about TheTeaParty.net
Posted By TPTnewsfeed On August 14, 2011 @ 11:25 pm In News,Tea Party | 14 Comments
I have heard and read a few negative reports (below are a few links) about this Tea Party organization. I’m not sure what to think.
If you have any information regarding this, please feel free to leave your comment/opinion on this statement.
This is a press release statement by Todd Cefaratti, from the Tea Party.net, in defense of the negative publicity.
The Truth about TheTeaParty.net
Recently, a lot has been said by others about who we are and what we do, how we do it, and why. Some folks say it out of concern because they don’t know better. Some do so because they are jealously protecting their own “leadership.” And others trash talk us— and other groups—because that’s just the way they are. We want you to know the truth straight from us.
We believe, like many of you, that our government has grown out of control in a death spiral of unsustainable and barely imaginable trillion-dollar deficits and a National Debt rivaling Gross Domestic Product. This government has ignored the Constitution that defines us; invaded the liberty from which our nation was born; and daily drains away the individuality and entrepreneurial spirit of Americans in order to advance a radical, socialist policy built on the back of American taxpayers. We—like many of you—decided to stand up and do something about it.
There is no single national “TEA PARTY” organization, and we don’t pretend to be “IT.” This is a truly grassroots Movement embracing many issues and many names—TEA, Patriot, Liberty, Conservative. There are several thousand, completely independent groups across the Nation fighting in their own way to restore our America before it’s too late.
Like many of you, we decided to stand up so our children inherit as great a nation as we did —not a socialist paradise crippled by debt. Like many of you, we looked at what we could do, and do well, to make a difference. With so many already in the fight across the nation, we decided to find ways to connect individuals and organizations, to share the message, and above all to bring more Americans into this Movement. That’s what TheTeaParty.net is about—bringing our shared message to as many Americans as possible, giving them the tools to get involved, and connecting them to others locally to make a difference.
We’ve gotten some criticism, so we’re going to address it head on:
1. We are not a PAC. We started as a 501(c)(4) organization designed to share a message and bring more people into this Movement. We never intended to raise money to give to candidates; we raise money to be able to continue spreading the message and waking Americans up to the dangerous state of our government. Unfortunately, we took some bad advice early on and also registered as a PAC, which we’ve since corrected once we learned better. Like a lot of Americans who became actively engaged in politics for the first time, we didn’t know just how many roadblocks our own government puts into place to keep people out.
2. We’ve changed our name. Legally, we are (still) “Stop this Insanity, Inc.” Since our founders have a marketing background, they quickly figured out we needed a better name to effectively spread the message of this Movement and provide resources for folks looking to get involved. We started that as “jointheteaparty.us” and as we’ve grown and evolved, we’ve become TheTeaParty.net. Our mission is the same—to bring as many Americans as possible into the Movement and in contact with local groups.
3. We spend a lot of money on marketing. Of course we do! We’re trying to bring people into the Movement and that starts by reaching out to them. It’s not always long emails and political rhetoric; it’s about bringing people who aren’t yet involved into the Movement in an accessible way—our website— to connect them with other groups locally. We’re leveraging the power of the internet to reach out to new people and get them involved. If we don’t reach out, we can share the blame if our Movement begins to shrink and our opposition continues to grow.
4. Our NASCAR sponsorship. Our goal is reaching out to Americans and getting them excited and motivated about the Movement. Too many Americans simply aren’t engaged, and that lack of engagement is the entrance to creeping socialism. By sponsoring a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team, we’re able to reach out to a ton of folks across America in the most-attended, sports-entertainment activity across America, and hopefully motivate more people to get involved. We are not spending one cent on this sponsorship—it’s self-funded through contributions raised in support of the team and the Movement. Bottom line: we’re bringing more people into the Movement, not spending a cent to do it, and we’re actually raising money as a result!
5. Do we share our members’ personal information? ABSOLUTELY NOT. We care about your privacy, and we don’t share personal information on our email list subscribers. We also have to raise money to continue our work, so we do allow sponsored emails to be broadcast over our email list (by us)—without compromising your data.
6. Our relationship with Tea Party Patriots. We don’t have one. We respect the work that they do to advance the Movement, and we know that some of what we do is pretty similar, but we’re completely separate organizations.
It seems some people don’t like groups that don’t work exactly how they want them too. And they’ve even rebroadcast cheap, liberal media hatchet jobs to try and attack us. We’re all in the same fight together, and while we know there are some real scams out there, it’s pretty childlike and irresponsible to our Movement’s goals to attack other Tea Party folks without the real truth. That doesn’t help the Movement. Every time we fight amongst ourselves over petty ego trips and silly turf wars, we make it that much harder to fight the creeping socialism that is tearing at our country.
We hope you’ll stay a part of our efforts and those of other like-minded groups who are working together to help save America.
Article printed from Tea Party Tribune: http://www.teapartytribune.com
URL to article: http://www.teapartytribune.com/2011/08/14/the-truth-about-theteaparty-net/
URLs in this post:
 http://www.news.unifiedpatriots.com/: http://www.news.unifiedpatriots.com/2011/04/05/evidence-mounts-arizona-tea-party-is-a-fake/
 http://arizonateaparty.ning.com/: http://arizonateaparty.ning.com/profiles/blog/show?id=3203237%3ABlogPost%3A263604&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_post
 http://processstory.com/: http://processstory.com/2011/04/04/tea-party-group-scams-contributors/
 Email: http://www.teapartytribune.com/2011/08/14/the-truth-about-theteaparty-net/?share=email
 Print: http://www.teapartytribune.com/2011/08/14/the-truth-about-theteaparty-net/#print
 : http://www.rockthevote.com/about/
 : http://www.rockthevote.com/about/democracy-class.html
 : http://democracyday.com/press-room.html
 : http://democracyday.com/assets/pdfs/rock-the-vote-civics-advisory.pdf
 : http://www.nhteapartycoalition.org/tea/2013/04/10/what-is-the-tea-party/
Copyright © 2011 Tea Party Tribune. All rights reserved.