Jun 27, 2016
Tea Party Tribune
Tea Party Tribune
Tea Party and Political News Reporting

Troops are beginning to refuse to follow unlawful orders

Marine Sgt. Gary Stein

BREAKING NEWS:  It’s starting to happen. Troops are beginning to refuse to follow unlawful orders, such as taking away weapons from U.S. citizens or orders to kill Americans.

Excerpted from the complete article below:

….Stein’s new trouble started over a recent discussion on his personal page in which he said he wouldn’t follow orders from the president.

The discussion centered on an investigation and possible charging of troops for accidentally burning copies of the Quran, the Muslim holy book, in Afghanistan.

“I said I wouldn’t follow the orders,” Stein acknowledged. “But what I also said —- and what wasn’t included in the complaint that was sent —- is that I said I wouldn’t follow unlawful orders, such as taking away weapons from U.S. citizens or orders to kill Americans.”

Once they begin to understand that Obama/Soetoro is an unlawful and ineligible President and Commander in Chief, they will begin to stand down from all orders as they realize that the authority of the officers above them originate with the unlawful CinC, so that all orders become unlawful – thus exempting them from the protections of the Geneva Convention should they choose to follow them into battle.

The enlisted oath calls for upholding and defending the Constitution FIRST!

All the more reason to spread the word about the findings of Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s Cold Case Posse: The POTUS is ‘living a lie’, and is a usurper of the Office of POTUS.

Neil

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Source: NCTimes.com

By: Mark Walker

Posted: March 5th, 2012

Freedom of speech and military order may be on a collision course at Camp Pendleton over a Marine’s Facebook page that is highly critical of President Barack Obama.

The Marine, Sgt. Gary Stein, said Monday that he is under investigation by base officials for posting comments on his personal Facebook page that say he would not follow orders issued by the president.

Stein, 26, of Temecula, is also the founder of an Armed Forces Tea Party Patriots Facebook page, which prompted Marine Corps officials to warn him in 2010 about his political activities.

Stein said officials indicated on Monday that he may be charged with violating a provision of the Uniform Code of Military Justice addressing “good order and discipline in the armed forces, or conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces.”

“I’ve had better days,” Stein said after meeting with his commanders. “They’ve read me my rights and said I made disloyal comments about the president, and are now questioning whether I can even run the page.”

A Marine Corps spokeswoman said Stein has not been charged with any violation and had no immediate information about the investigation that Stein said is under way.

Two years ago, Stein was counseled by base officials to be cautious about any blatant endorsements of candidates, the tea party or using his uniform in any way to influence an election.

Stein, a staunch opponent of Obama who does not believe the president was born in the United States and calls his birth certificate a fraud, first launched the tea party page as a protest against Obama’s health care legislation.

That page has nearly 10,000 followers, and most of its comments are anti-Obama.

That part of his posting has since been removed, Stein said.

He said he believes that the complaint started with a senior enlisted Marine based at the Marine Air Ground Combat Center at Twentynine Palms.

Stein, a native of Bullhead City, Ariz., said he respects the office of the president, “but at times I do not respect the decisions and policies of the president.”

He said his commanders began questioning him last week.

“They were talking to me about like a father would to a son, but today it turned and they read me rights,” said Stein, who works as a weather forecaster at Camp Pendleton in its operations division.

A veteran of one combat deployment to Iraq, Stein said he’s also being questioned for posting a video about a Marine recruit losing his job at an area hardware store.

Stein said the recruit needed time off work to complete some pre-enlistment training, but was instead told he was being dismissed.

“That’s now also come up as an issue,” he said.

Stein said he will fight any attempt to muzzle him.

“I think we have a disease in the military that says because we don the uniform, we lose our First Amendment rights,” said Stein, who is married and has a 4-year-old daughter. “I think they are being squashed right now, and I think some people are taking some orders and regulations out of context.

“I’m prepared to fight to the end.”

When he got in trouble two years ago, Stein vowed “not go off on wild tangents like I did before.”

Gary Solis, a military law expert, said Stein could well be in trouble for saying he would not follow a command from the president.

But the matter could also be a test of social media policy and how far troops can go in expressing their views on such sites, said Solis, a former Marine Corps judge and prosecutor who teaches and writes extensively on military law.

“We’re in new territory with regard to that,” Solis said. “But what it probably comes down to is (whether) he made his comments while identifying himself as a U.S. Marine. As a private citizen he can say anything he wants, but First Amendment rights can be circumscribed in the military.”

Source: NCTimes.com

“This post brought you by partybingo.com.”

TPTnewsfeed

110 Comments

1. sharon9999

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:08 pm

One should not say it it on paper or out loud. One can discuss this stuff among close friends but if the order does come there should be mass disobedience

2. Theresa

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Sharon, another example of our brave soldiers that don't cower to the enemy…

3. dale keener

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:58 pm

you guys need to pull your head out of your anus our president is our president vetted by our government so if you don't like or care for him vote against him but get a real life and stop the birther BS you make me sick you are less than you could be because of this pack of lies you spread!!

4. karenena

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:22 pm

But Dale, is it lies on our part or on HIS part. I say Obama is a lie from the start.

5. dbredman

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Before a president can become Commander in Chief, Congress must declare war and give him the position. Read the Federalist Papers.

6. MaryofArizona

Mar 6, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I stand by Sgt Stein. Thank you for your service sir.

7. Richard Steward

Mar 6, 2012 at 9:07 pm

OOH RAH Brother

8. Camp David

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Dale,
    Your thinking made me sick!!! Wake up mf'r !!!!!!!

9. Garrison

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:44 am

Remember, they took an oath to defend this country from enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC! Barack Hussein Obama is an enemy of the Constitution, and should be treated as such. Kudos to all the Marines, and others in our armed forces who will not follow unlawful, and immoral orders.

10. Debbie Fraser Benn

Mar 7, 2012 at 6:49 am

Was the action in Lybia "declared by congress?" Yet it DID happen. No one can say with any certainty that this birth issue is false or true because WE don't know all the facts yet. I am inclined to wait until all the facts are in, however I can not help but wonder if there is no "fire" then why all the "smoke" to keep it from becoming public? It could be as simple as taking "foreign student aide" or it could be a total farce? As for our troops not following "unlawful orders" HOOAH! Seems our troops have takin it on the chin lately…but without them to defend our freedom, security of our country and it's citizens we are doomed! What else is there without freedom & security?

11. Santan

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:26 am

I was lead to belive. Militery have the right not to follow a unjust order .. Killing
    Americans or disarming them sounds unjust to me

12. SueDi

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:29 pm

The President may be the President but he has no right to kill American citizens OR, as the NDAA allows, hold an American citizen indefinitely without trial. Unfortunately, we are not out protesting this gross injustice to our rights, we are following like lemmings over the cliff. We can only hope that if this or any President begins to use these powers, which directly violate the Constitution, we ALL voice our protest including our troops.

13. Call Me Mom

Mar 7, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Dale,
    Whether or not mr. obama was born in this country is not the issue. Whether or not mr. obama is a natural born citizen for the purpose of presidential eligibility is the issue and he is not. His father was not a US citizen, so, according to Vattel's law of nations, according to the writings of our founders, according to Minor v Happersett and according to non-binding SB 511, mr. obama is NOT a natural born citizen. In addition, he has committed multiple acts of treason against these United States and has submitted a forged document through the web-site of the White House claiming it to be the truth. He has allowed an officer with an otherwise spotless record to serve time in military prison for objecting to serving under his command in a cavalier manner. He has turned over the COMMAND of our troops(arguably the CiC's primary duty as president) to a foriegn entity(NATO) and has not made provision for our troops to be held to account only under the UCMJ while so serving.

14. Call Me Mom

Mar 7, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Instead of making it his primary duty to protect and defend the US Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic, he has made it his clear goal to "fundamentally transform" this nation. this is a violation of his oath of office as the president of this nation should be doing everything in his/her power to uphold the Constitution and the rule of law during theiur tenure in that office.
    This man needs to be removed from office and tried immediately.

15. texacalirose

Mar 7, 2012 at 7:42 pm

The POTUS serves at the pleasure of the United States Marine Corp. Let us not forget that.

16. Larry Snyder

Mar 7, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Gary,
    Join oathkeepers if you have not done so ready
    Www. Oathkeepers.com

Larry a. Snyder
    Maj USAF ret
    Former E4
    Vietnam nam / desert storm
    Now a deputy sheriff

17. Joe Smith

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:20 am

One does not swear oath to an administration. No kings or queens here. One swears an oath to up hold the Constitution of The United States of America.

18. Can

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:49 am

Since Obama's father was not born in the US and hence some people state that he is not a US citizen then 6 other US presidents were not citizens as well.
    Andrew Jackson is the only president born of two immigrants, both Irish.
    Thomas Jefferson – mother was born in England
    James Buchanan – father born in Ireland
    Chester Arthur – Irish Father
    Woodrow Wilson – English Mother
    Herbert Hoover – Canadian Mother

19. real american

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Any soldier the doesn't follow orders should be tried for treason! This idiot is a freaiIn soldier not a polItIcIan.

20. vcubain

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:20 pm

"Semper Fidelis distinguishes the Marine Corps bond from any other. It goes beyond teamwork—it is a brotherhood that can always be counted on. Latin for "always faithful," Semper Fidelis became the Marine Corps motto in 1883. It guides Marines to remain faithful to the mission at hand, to each other, to the Corps and to country, no matter what. Becoming a Marine is a transformation that cannot be undone, and Semper Fidelis is a permanent reminder of that. Once made, a Marine will forever live by the ethics and values of the Corps".

"NO MATTER WHAT" is what it says…seems like the Marines have a few traitors in its midst who should not be trusted to guard AMERICA. They told America what they are capable of and what they will and wont do for AMERICA. I wouldnt trust these Marines, seems they do not have AMERICA'S best interest in mind and wouldnt mind selling out AMERICA. WOW and they claim to be MARINES !!!

21. Nathan M. Bickel

Mar 8, 2012 at 2:44 pm

This is good news! After all, troops are trained to follow the "chain" of command. And, how can they do that practically, (in all good conscience) when the chain has been broken by a bogus link – aka, the unconstitutional non natural born citizen [so-called] "president."

22. John Gouldin

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:16 pm

The above articles are slanted in the ways of political civilians with axes to grind. They have that luxury. I would like to point out that American citizens are 'disarmed' everyday for a variety of good reasons. I'd also like to remind that "soldiers" (plural?) are not "beginning to refuse orders." That's merely inflammatory wording and plain journalistic lying. As for the rest…The military operates in a democracy and defends a democracy, but is not a democracy. Folks, don't be fooled into believing there will be any "test" of social media free speech. This individual will be clamped down on and rightfully so. He volunteered, fully knowing what he was giving and getting, with no duress to volunteer. If he cannot now muster the self-discipline to exercise the regulations he volunteered to live under in protection of a higher ideal, he and those like him need to man up, go to their superiors, explain their position, and take what comes. Semper Fi, Semper Paratus, Follow Me…..these words either mean loyalty, or they mean nothing. And for those who betray those ideals…to the fires with them.

23. larry

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:58 pm

NO you should not be obeying ANY orders coming from the White House BECAUSE Obama IS NOT THE President. You should only be required to follow LAWFUL orders. You have taken an oath to protect our Nation from ALL enemies Foreign and Domestic.

24. Jane

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Why are they waiting to do this now that the elections are around the corner? When they re enlisted Obama was in office, if they did not want to follow the orders then he should have gotten the hell out. So what happens to all the children of military people that are born overseas? What happens to a child of an American soldier serving in Japan. married to a Japanese? To me this is just pure bull.

25. Jane

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:55 pm

All this post shall be send to the DOD so they can respond, how come it is only published in a Tea Party newspaper or Republicans news media. The GOP Conservative Tea Party, Religious people, yes religious my foot, you call yourself religious? You have call this man monkey, said he is a product of his mothers sex relation with a Dog, you wish him and his family ill thoughts, wow, VERY GOOD EXAMPLE FOR THE FUTURE GENERATION. You forgot about Nixon did you? How many vacations did Bush take to his ranch not to Camp David? If you are in office you should be able to take vacation to your home. How come you don't critize all this congressman that got all this companies pushing money down their throat so they can lobby for them?

26. Richard Bolen

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I spent 21 years in the military and i learned 1 real good leason, you have to follow the orders of your commander in chief no matter what you think of him. Not to do so violates the UCMJ. The reason behind this is that the military is a dictatorship. Do not take me wrong i have all the respect in the world for the job our military has to do. It is a tough job to have to follow the orders of a socialists.

27. Toolman68

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:37 pm

When we took that oath to defend this Country against enemies both foriegn and domestic, how about telling me when the domestic applies? I say it applies today and to half of Congress and half of the Senate and Panetta and Obama, Pelossi, Biden, Clinton ETC… Sgt. Stein has more guts than 10 men because he is standing up for the Cosnstitution and the oath that he took and I am proud of him. He has taken it upon himself to draw a line in the sand and protect this country against a rogue government and thats more than I can say for 90% of the rest of Americans. When you get in front of Congress and you tell them that the president does not have to get ok from Congress to send our troops to war then we know what is happening in this government, tyranny in the halls and no way to stop it but marines and soldiers like Sgt. stein standing tall, Thank you Marine, Battle. my Brother..

28. vesuvius13

Mar 8, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I haven't read his site or post but as a former Marine I remember my oath, the same one my son just made as he enlisted in the Army. We gave an oath to defend this country and our Constitution against ALL foes foreign and domestic. I almost stopped my enlistment when I got to that part needing to quickly decide if I could stand against people at home if it became necessary. In boot camp and at every point after I was taught and expected those under me to obey all lawful orders and to refuse unlawful orders. Joining the Marines isn't giving up our country or Constitution but instead about knowing who gives our orders and when the orders are lawful or unlawful.

29. curlin2000

Mar 9, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I am an Army veteran but I find it so funny that people hate the president that much. I don't agree with all his policies but I don't degrade him as I see the GOP do. I voted for Bush twice and I voted for Obama cause lets face it – who the HELL wants Sarah Palin as VP or president. I wasn't going to turn a blind eye to that one. I was a republican but now I consider myself an independent. We all know why you guys hate him don't we? He didn't take us to war in Iraq or Afghanistan. He wasn't president when the economy went down intially. For a party of religious people who love the Lord – you are the most hateful, lying, and annoying people. It didn't use to be that way before but it seems that it has changed. I am prolife but if I want government to get out of my life then it seems contradictary. You have to be what you say you are. I like Ron Paul and I wish their was a way for him to win because he debates Obama on the facts not on made up information or hateful rehetoric.

30. loveyourcountry

Mar 9, 2012 at 5:12 pm

This all sounds like an act of treason and all who buy into this should be court-martialed and/jailed for treason. Get over it. We get that you don't like the idea of an African American as our POTUS. All of this ugliness has become obvious since his election. But believe it, a country divided is bound to fail.

31. Rick

Mar 11, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Toolman68……..you hit the nail on the head, my friend. Thank you Sgt Stein for your service….on and off the battle field. Semper Fidelis Sir. This is a man truely looking out for America……..and Amreicans!

32. rick

Mar 11, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Curlin 2000 you sound like a religion baiter, and loveourcountry is most definately a race baiter. The reason most sane people dislike Barry O is because he is doing his very best to destroy this country with his radical agenda. We see a weak president who bows down to the radical muslims, has us deeper in debt than any and every other president in history, combined, with nothing to show for it, and wipes his feet on our Constitution. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

33. jtsgrandmom

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:20 am

Just remember, the "Nuremberg Defense," ("I was just following orders') won't work when the day of reckoning comes. And it WILL come.

34. mryjane

Mar 23, 2012 at 1:15 am

are any of you morons noticing that if the military disobeys the President this country could be headed to a military coup? We will become another middle eastern country.

35. SSgt 0369

Mar 26, 2012 at 1:47 pm

There have not been any illegal orders to kill or disarm American citizens domestically. This is complete non-sense. I find it particularly hilarious coming from a weather Marine.

36. Patriot0ne

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:26 am

WHAT DO THE PEOPLE DO WHEN THEIR GOVERNMENT AND ITS POLICE BECOME THE MADMEN? Bowers v. Devito, 686 F.2d 616 (7th Cir. 1982) (There is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen. It is monstrous if the state fails to protect its residents against such predators but it does not violate the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, or, we suppose, any other provision of the Constitution. The Constitution is a charter of negative liberties; it tells the state to let the people alone; it does not require the federal government or the state to provide services, even so elementary a service as maintaining law and order.); (No duty to protect) = Rule 12(b)(6) Motion to Dismiss;Cf. Reciprocial obligations;

37. Micheal Allen

May 18, 2012 at 7:43 am

Here is my rant. Certain rights are suspended by the USMJ while in the military. What it says is he can't attend rallies in uniform. Can't run for political office. But it does say "Support and defend the Constitution of the United States." I also took that oath and still hold it true. If the man in the Office of President can't prove he's a US citizen and in his own biography said he was born in Kenya then he first of all isn't defending the Constitution and more so setting and terrible example. Clinton did the same thing. And morally and ethically the orders given are unlawful, that the member of the military can refuse the order. However you better have all your ducks in a row and prove that the order was unlawful. As I personally found out you are guilty until proven innocent in the military and when you are proven innocent that doesn't stop your squadron commander from taking his own personal vengeance and stripping you of rank and in general make your life a living hell with all types of additional duty and weekend duty two times a month.

38. go man go

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:38 am

A Marine following orders is one thing, but when the orders tell you to jump off a cliff? Well you don't do it. Mr. Stein is just posting what he believes in, and nothing else. He should have the right to post whatever he wants. Becoming a Marine, does'nt give the president the right to take away from the freedom of speech, to which we are all entitled to. One day i predict this maniac called Obama to declare martial law in this country. And with men like Mr. stein in the corps, i can sleep better knowing that order will not be followed.

39. Shane

Nov 28, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I stand with the Sgt. He may be our Pres., that does not make him above the law.

40. Larry

Nov 29, 2012 at 1:03 am

Wow, there are really some idiots on here. Obviously some of you that think you are experts are the farthest things from experts, as your stupid comments prove. I am a Veteran, and what is going on in this country is unfathomable, and Mr. Stein is right, he has no duty to obey an unlawful order by this ineligible, illegal in the White House.
    When you join you take an oath to defend the Constitution and the country from all enemies, foreign and domestic. Do any of you morons know the meaning of domestic? It is not an oath to defend the president.
    Just because a bunch of leeches and welchers that want free stuff everyone else pays for, puts an illegal in the White House does not mean he has free rwin to do whatever he wants. Wake up retards!

41. a.k.

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:38 pm

I call BS

42. Kreg Atterberry

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Your headline is a bit sensational and a real stretch from what has actually happened thus far, please try and be better journalists than the left.

43. Steve

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:23 pm

According to the UCMJ, all members of the armed forces are bound to follow all LAWFUL orders. They have a duty and are required to NOT follow an unlawful order. Their guide for determining what is lawful vs. unlawful is the U.S. Constitution and the UCMJ.

44. Barry White

Nov 30, 2012 at 10:10 am

he hasn't, to this point, failed to follow an order. so where's the crime?