Aug 23, 2014
Tea Party Tribune
Tea Party Tribune
Tea Party and Political News Reporting

Goodbye America

By Mr. Curmudgeon:

Along a ridge at a cemetery, a stone wall marks the farthest advance of Robert E. Lee’s Army of Northern Virginia. Pickett’s Charge at the battle of Gettysburg marked what historians call the high watermark of the Confederacy, the crowded moment when the war to preserve America’s constitutional system would prevail or die. Lincoln’s Army of the Potomac held the stone wall and stopped Lee’s attempt to preserve the South’s slaveocracy.

Tuesday night, America’s political right and the Republican Party hit a stone wall and, like Lee’s army, they will never recover. In spite of extraordinary get-out-the-vote efforts by the Tea Party and Republican activists, President Obama sailed to an easy victory over his rival Mitt Romney. Election night analysis showed that access to free contraception and abortion-on-demand were key elements explaining Obama’s victory. Suburban women accomplished what King George III, the Kaiser, Hitler and Stalin failed to do – end America.

Americans – who we were told opposed ObamaCare overwhelmingly – voted to sustain the monstrosity by re-electing the president who fathered it and will shield the malformed monster as its tentacles begin unfolding in the years to come. Government-run, well, everything is here to stay.

Take the wife to that fancy restaurant for dinner and the kids to Disneyland – give them memories to cherish, because the country we know is done.

President Obama has been given the “flexibility” to do to America’s nuclear deterrent what he promised his friends in Moscow … whatever that may be. And frightened establishment Republicans in Congress will work with the President to raise the debt ceiling, spending and taxes to remain relevant and “mainstream.” And the “payback,” as White House adviser Valerie Jarrett warned the president’s opponents, can begin in earnest.

America’s Great Depression II will continue to deepen as the nation piles on more debt and the Federal Reserve prolongs its program of quantitative easing. Though you may be unemployed, with your children skipping meals, you can take comfort in media reports that detail the wonders of our “sluggish recovery.”

Four years from now, it won’t matter if the reincarnated Ronald Reagan replaces Obama, the nation will have passed the event horizon of insolvency, falling into an inescapable and endless black hole.

Goodbye America … it was nice knowing you.

mrcurmudgeon

Originally, from Los Angeles, I eventually made my way around the country: Arizona, the Bay Area and now South Florida.
Show full bio

18 Comments

1. Cranios

November 7, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Ironically it was naive tea party candidates and their uninformed remarks that pushed Obama over the top (Akin, Mourdock, etc). Thanks a lot TPers!

• Michael Dreier

November 8, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Curmudgeon, I have been to that wall that you mentioned at least 4 times. I have also walked across the Valley of Death, Devils Den, and the Summit of Little Round Top where my Great Great Grand Father was seriously wounded fighting for his country, his family, and his posterity. Curmudgeon, before you start making revoltling comments on history, you should first study history. I have no problem with most of your article, but tell me what the heck is a slaveocracy? My Great Great Grandfather that I mentioned was with Company F. 4th Texas Infantry which was part of the famous Hood's Texas Brigade. You insult men who are probably far better than yourself who endured things that you probably could not endure for what??? a slaveocracy.
      The Confederate States of America was for 4 years an independent Republic established by the will of the people so that they could live as free men and women in a nation that was not just a collection of colonies belonging to the New England States.
      Did your mister LInoln unite us? Well, he subjugated us burned us to the ground, raped our women, starved our children, and plunged us into a century of poverty, but he did not unite us, he only subjugated us.
      At least for over a hundred years the federal soldiers were willing to acknowledge us as a brave and honorable adversary, but now you people want to beat us down again, teach our children to dispise the sacred soil of our homeland and hold their forefathers in contempt. Now you want to strike my country from the concious memory of our sons and daughters, and slanderously demonize our heros, our culture, our identity, and even our blood relations.
      Your new South is a politically correct artificial abomination imposed on my people by massive campaigns of intimidation and brainwashing. We are not exterminated until the last faithful son or daughter is buried without descendants.
      Political correctness whether it comes from the left, or the so called right is built upon a foundation of lies and intimidation and it will one day die as do all things built on such a false foundation.
      Beautiful, brave, and noble nation. You died young before you could show that world your greatness and goodness. My Dixie I love you, and I will love you till I die. DEO VINDICE.

2. DCTR

November 7, 2012 at 1:42 pm

"I plead with you not to preach pessimism. Preach that this is the greatest country in all the world. This is the favored land. This is the land of our forefathers. It is the nation that will stand despite whatever trials or crises it may yet have to pass through". -Harold B. Lee.

3. @fieldsendart

November 7, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Too late for that sentiment, DCTR. You sound like a faded beauty queen insisting she is still "hot" and we, America, are not. We are finished. Welcome to the Idiocracy, where people vote for who is the "coolest" and who can give them the most "free stuff" like the rights to take other people's money without earning it, or the right to a free condom!!! I always had a hunch most of America were barnyard animals, ruled by the primitive urges that reside in the area between their sternums and the top of their thighs. I pity my poor children, and future generations. Anything sublime, worthy, beautiful, and truthful is gone with the ideology of this "New Amerika."

• Marg

November 7, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Have to agree. The past 4 years should have been a wake-up call to all Americans, and I am astonished it was not. "Atlas Shrugged" come to life.

4. Pammy Faye

November 7, 2012 at 2:13 pm

DCTR – That's great advice when the country is facing an external enemy. But we now have the enemy within. America is over.

5. Robert D

November 7, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Wow – you guys sound like a bunch of whiny bitches…

6. Songbird113

November 7, 2012 at 2:48 pm

All I can say is I'm glad my grandparents are not alive to see what has become of this once-great nation.

Enjoy what Liberties you have now, while you can. You won't have them anymore once he declares himself Emperor of America….

If we didn't have a front-row seat, this would only be an "interesting" article to see if this comes to fruition. It fills ME with a sense of foreboding since he did, in fact, get re-elected:

7. Samantha

November 7, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Face it , Tea Party: you wanted to "Take America Back" and you've been hit with a realization: America is no longer yours to take back. The fact that you are out of the mainstream – the fact that America has moved beyond your provincial and closed mindset – should make you wake up a little and reexamine the way you look at the world. Unfortunately, I have little faith that you will. And I'm quite surprised that you rail against the "slaveocracy" when Confederate flags had such a nasty way of appearing at Tea Party rallies.

8. Wanda Faye Rigdon

November 7, 2012 at 3:33 pm

GOODBYE AMERICA SO LONG YOUR GLORY DAYS ARE OVER AND YOU WILL BE FORGOTTEN JUST LIKE THE MAYAN PEOPLE LOST IN THE DUST OF TIME

9. Virginia

November 7, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Great article. Just one thing. Please don't lump all of us "suburban women" together. Some of us are smarter and less selfish than others and did the right thing Tuesday. We voted for the future of our country, not to get free contraception and abortions on demand. We voted Romney/Ryan to try to prevent the further decline of this once great nation. Unfortunately, there just weren't enough of us. Those who voted for that garbage make me ashamed to be a woman.

10. American Fighter

November 7, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Believing in a fake GOD does not give you a right to have faith in the America that thousands gave their life to protect for your sorry ASS!!

• jd55

November 7, 2012 at 4:22 pm

What on Earth are you talking about? In America, you have freedom of religion, and the right to free speech. I served my country because of the rights we have in this country. It's a selfless service, but the rewards for our nation are worth it.

11. Jean Larson

November 7, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Are you really giving up? We need to stick together and keep our chins up. If you're on the side of freedom, show your mettle. The leftists and socialists are evil, but they also build their houses on sand, are blown by the wind, and are weak. Their crowd of supporters are "useful idiots" to the evil people who lead them around. We are wiser and stronger. Let's not throw in the towel. Personally, I choose to go down fighting rather than give up and hand victory to the evil ones. I, too, am disappointed in my fellow citizens, and especially my friends and relatives who are actually celebrating their victory today. I can't let their ignorance and blind stupidity stop me from fighting for freedom. I can honestly say that I'm willing to risk my life for it.

• @fieldsendart

November 7, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Thank you Jean for your very thoughtful reply. It helped me, because I had completely lost my faith in the people of this country after this travesty last night. But, you are right, and I am happy to read this encouragement from a strong and honorable person like you.

• American Fighter

November 7, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Count me in Jean. I served my country for 20 years in the Military and 15-1/2 years with a classified defense program to protect our God given freedoms. I am 71 years old but can still shoot the eye out of anything that is against those freedoms. There is strengh in numbers and we still have enough believers that can make America great again for our future generations. Under obamacare, I am considered one of those that would be left to die anyway, so I have nothing but my life to give for taking our country back. Besides, I have PTSD and to get really mean, I just have to stop taking my Meds. lol.

12. Tracie

November 7, 2012 at 7:56 pm

"The people should not fear their government, the government should fear its people"
    We tried, desperately, to save America with this election, and we failed. I am still not convinced that he won honestly, but I will not waste my time trying to convince people of that, and being dismissed as a conspiracy theorist. Instead, we look at what other recourse we have. Some people have suggested, half in fun and full in earnest, succession, and that coud be an option. The country is so severly divided, it might become a truly feasible option. There are other, strong recourses, laid out for us in the Constitution. If we are brave enough, strong enough, and determined enough to take them.
    Please do not give up hope. We will survive. It will never be the same, but there is an opportunity to, like a phoenix, rise from the ashes and be stronger and better, and different.