Sign-up to receive our free newsletter.
Americans standing in line like sheep led to the slaughter….
It is difficult for me to believe this is actually happening in America.
What a sad testimony on the ill-informed and weakness of that state’s people.
This is what happens when good people remain silent and bad people take control of a population in the form of an abusive government.
After all, we do understand, these new gun control laws in Connecticut WILL NOT affect the criminals and crazies who seek or already own guns.
Gun Control laws only affect law abiding citizens who are not the source of the problem.
Apparently the people of Connecticut do not know history.
Registration leads to confiscation. Confiscation leads to Tyranny.
In the 20th century, over 170 million people have been annihilated by their own governments AFTER BEING DISARMED.
The next round of provisions from Senate Bill 1160 (now Public Act 13-3), passed by the Connecticut General Assembly and signed into law by Governor Dan Malloy (D), took effect this week.
EFFECTIVE ON JANUARY 1, 2014:
All lawfully possessed magazines that can hold more than ten rounds must be registered with the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP) by January 1, 2014.
* Any non-resident who moves into Connecticut after January 1, 2014, will have ninety days to permanently disable, sell to a gun dealer or take out of state, any magazine that can hold more than ten rounds.
* Anyone who lawfully possessed a magazine able to hold more than ten rounds prior to April 4, 2013, but did not register it by January 1, 2014, may be subject to a fine of not more than $90 for the first offense and will face a Class D felony charge on subsequent offenses.
* Any semi-automatic centerfire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine and has specific listed features, certain semi-automatic pistols and certain semi-automatic shotguns are immediately classified as “assault weapons” and must be registered with the DESPP by January 1, 2014.
* Any non-resident who moves into Connecticut after January 1, 2014, will have ninety days to permanently disable, sell to a gun dealer or take out of state, any firearm that is now mislabeled and now classified as an “assault weapon.” For more details on this new law and to see if your firearm will need to be registered by January 1, 2014, please click here.
* Failure to register these newly illegal firearms, for first time offenders, is a Class A misdemeanor if the person can prove they owned the gun before April 4, 2013, and have otherwise complied with the law. Otherwise, it is a Class D felony with a mandatory minimum one-year prison sentence.
These are only a few of the deeply flawed requirements that penalize responsible gun owners and sportsmen in Connecticut with the intention of turning law-abiding citizens into criminals.
Unfortunately, it seems as though the misguided Connecticut legislature won’t stop until it has completely obliterated the rights of the people in that state.