The 3 “Boogie Men” of the Convention Of States
There are 3 common objections thrown at COS, with obvious disregard for fact checking the supporting evidence, thus the claims appear malicious and disruptive in nature, not authentic.
But we should answer objections frankly, to expose other readers and audiences to the truth when they are deciding. Objections are GOOD, if you can destroy the Article 5 objections, and the truth can do so.
These are the 3 primary objections:
- “Runaway convention danger”
- “Wait for the majority to awaken, sensible voters are plentiful.”
- “Amendments can’t fix a Supreme Court Justice’s reading problem.”
Let me provide reasons why each of these are easy-to-fact-check, inaccurate “fake debate” in a number of ways. There are real concerns about the use of Article 5, but the ones above are based on factual and logical fallacy.
Today we review the first boogie man, the #1 fake debate tactic:
“Runaway Convention Danger”
First off, a convention of states is NOT run by politicians. We, the people of each state, can send whoever we want as representatives. The PEOPLE own the process, not the politicians. So, get ready, WE have to drive this. The passed states are already forming their processes.
A majority of Constitutional states still exist, with a majority of Constitution-minded voters, that is the foundation for fixing the runaway Supreme Court.
Constitutionalists are a minority, nationally. Just like 1776. Washington, through the Supreme Court, has “runaway” with the Constitutional, already, using Judicial Tyranny.
Annapolis Versus Philadelphia
In this fear mongering “runaway” claim, the false report of the original Constitution Convention being “only an amendment meeting” is often employed by John Birch Society allies, but that is not the case. Annapolis, prior to Philadelphia, was an amendment meeting which failed. Philadelphia was a meeting to craft a new Constitution:
See how easy that was to prove it was “fake news?” But JBS supporters keep reciting this provable lie.
Historically Resistant to Abuse
Also, over 30 conventions have been proposed in America, and if Article 5 was such an obvious “low hanging fruit” opportunity to “runaway” with the Constitution, it would have been tried already.
Article 5 is a “one way street,” due to the high approval bar, which either produces on-topic amendments, or nothing at all. A majority of constitutional voters exist in a majority of states, thus with Article 5 they can reign in the Federal government, while they still have legal, majority votership in most states.
No radical leftist groups have ever tried to turn an Article 5 effort into a runaway, so to predict that will happen now, is to invoke provable exaggeration and hyperbole. Fear mongering with false claims, when a pattern of non-abuse is clearly established in intent, logic and history.
Perhaps Article 5 Should be the ONLY Way to Amend
Actually, with so many bad amendments now on the books, after the Bill of Rights, the case for ONLY using Article 5 can, perhaps, be made these days.
They Already Ran Off With It, Dude
- With tens of thousands of gun laws already on the books, despite Amendment 2 saying “shall not be infringed,” isn’t this clear proof the radical justices already ran away with Constitution?
- How about the abuses of FISA spying, or Stingray cell phone spying on private citizens’ phone calls, while Amendment 4 calls for “shall not be violated?” Amendment 4 has been ERASED, only used when politically expedient.
- And let’s not forget court rulings about religion, while Amendment 1 calls for “shall make no law.” Tens of anti-religion SCOTUS decisions exist, instead of the complete Federal silence mandated by Amendment 1. Amendment 1 is KAPUT. Nada. Zero.
- Amendment 10? Flushed down the toilet. State powers are routinely violated. Ran away. Fled the scene. Up and gone.
How Do You Stop The Runaway Supreme Court?
ConventionOfStates.com – Sign the petition. Get to know us. Volunteer. Donate.
And, please, don’t spread lies about us being allies of Hillary, or the Hawaiian Hitler, or Soros. Both Hillary and Soros have impugned our efforts in public media, a solid endorsement we are on the right track to restraining the runaway Constitution of the federal government.
Consider Our Endorsements
Rand Paul, Ben Shapiro, Sean Hannity, Allen West, Senator Jim Demint, Texas Governor Greg Abbott, Senator Tom Coburn, Sarah Palin, Louisanna Governor Bobby Jindal, LtCol. Bill Cowan, USMC (Ret) – Fox News Terrorism Analyst, Steve Deace, “Legal Board of Reference,” plus more Senators and Representatives.